PROFESSOR THADDEUS LOWE

MOUNT LOWE RAILWAY 

Echo Mountain Powerhouse

Echo Mountain Powerhouse in the 1920s (Courtesy of the Los Angeles Public Library)

Echo Mountain Powerhouse in the 1930s looking west (Courtesy of the Los Angeles Public Library)

Echo Mountain Powerhouse in the 1930s looking south (Courtesy of the Los Angeles Public Library)

Cable winding machinery inside Powerhouse (courtesy of the Los Angeles Public Library)

Refurbished cable winding machinery inside 1907 Powerhouse (courtesy of Huntington Library)

Gears today on Echo Mountain (Courtesy of the Los Angeles Public Library)

The wooden Incline Control House and all other buildings were destroyed in a windstorm and fire on December 9, 1905. Temporary service was restored to Echo Mountain from the Altadena Power Plant on January 3, 1906. A new concrete control house was constructed on the site of the old wooden structure. Construction on the new building started in the fall of 1906, and was completed in 1907. Mt. Lowe Power, pages 15, 19.


INDEX PAGE

BEFORE THE WAR

CIVIL WAR YEARS

INVENTIONS AND INDUSTRY

NORRISTOWN PENNSYLVANIA YEARS

PASADENA CALIFORNIA YEARS

MOUNT LOWE RAILWAY

AFTER THE RAILWAY

LOWE FAMILY

BOOKS ABOUT LOWE

NEWSPAPER ARTICLES

EVENTS AND REUNIONS

ARTIFACTS AND HISTORY

ENCYCLOPEDIA BIOGRAPHY

ACCLAMATIONS AND AWARDS

LINKS TO OTHER THADDEUS LOWE WEBSITES